SAFE DRIVING HABITS
Look at some of the most common safe driving habits. Learn how to drive safely in rain, sunshine or snow with the help of our experts.
At NAPA AUTOPRO, we don't just care about the vehicles we service, we care about the customers who drive them. Here are a few helpful habits that will keep you safe while driving.
- Before driving, walk around the vehicle to make sure nothing is behind or underneath, and that there is no obvious damage to the body, lights or tires
- Adjust all mirrors in the vehicle to optimize your vision
- Wear a seatbelt at all times, be sure passengers wear a seatbelt
- Keep both hands on the wheel
- Pay attention to the road, if you must use a cell phone, pull over
- Always drive with your headlights on to increase visibility
- Leave plenty of space between you and other vehicles
- Always drive within posted speed limits
- Try to drive with a full tank of gas, you might just need it
When faced with cold weather driving challenges, the rules of the road can change. Get into the habit of adapting your driving practices to stay safe on the road this winter.
- Make sure your line of vision is clear, defrost all windows before driving
- Keep your windshield washer reservoir filled with a non-freezing solution
- Remove all snow and ice from headlights, taillights, and running lights
- Decrease your speed while driving
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you
- Pay attention to the weather and road conditions
- Wear sunglasses to reduce glare from ice and snow
- Beware of icy bridges and overpasses